Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cemetery Photos ~ Spooky!!

As you know, this summer my family made a trip to Buffalo, New York. It was an amazing trip. I got to see the house where Jason lived when he was a baby and the homes where his parents grew up. We even visited the church where they married. I have some great photos - but those will take some time to post, since I want to make a slide show with information on each photo. Yippee - slides from family vacations... 
One of the most amazing things about Buffalo is the amount of cemeteries it has.  I am serious - the town is mostly cemeteries.  And not the ordinary cemeteries we see here in Texas.  These places are ginormous!  They stretch as far as you can see and they have the most gothic, beautiful graves.  I was totally fascinated and weirdly obsessed.  These places were like museums... there was so much history and there are so many famous people buried in Buffalo. We saw the grave of a former United States President, a man who died on the Titanic and yes, we even saw the grave of Super Freak himself - Rick James.  
The most amazing cemetery was Forest Lawn.  You needed a map to get around this place. They even gave tours. Crazy. Jason's Aunt and Uncle were really good sports and took us around to all the cemeteries while we were there.  I think I took about 400 photos - I am not kidding.  So, in honor of Halloween, I thought I would post a nice "photo video" of some of the cemetery pics.  I noticed after I published the video that the tops and bottoms of my photos had been cropped out.  Like I said in my previous post, I am still figuring out this video posting thing...  I was going to add some music to the video, but I couldn't find any that was appropriate.  So, just hum to yourself...

No comments: