Thursday, January 29, 2009

:: Introducing My Random Internet Goodies ::

I love the internet.  I mean, I really love the internet.  I confess that I spend far too much time online everyday - it really is an addiction for me.  But who wouldn't be hooked?  All the information, all the resources... all the photography and ideas - c'mon, right?  
So, to make myself feel better about my internet habit, I decided that I would share all the fabulous things I have found online - those little nuggets of internet goodness that fuel my addiction and keep me glued to my mac all day long.  So here it is, the first installment of Mel's Random Internet Goodies...

Random Internet Goody #1


I adore blogs... all kinds of blogs.  From crafting and parenting to photography and cooking - I have no less than one hundred blogs I check out on a regular basis.  I think blogs are fantastic - these amazing online diaries of real people involved in real life who take the time and energy to document their experiences.  I kept noticing the same button on many of the blogs I was following, so I decided to click on it to find out what it was all about.  That's when I discovered Delightful Blogs. The premise of the site is simple.... "Cutting through the blog smog... Explore our edited directory of 3200 blogs that are personal, passionate and stylish."  
The site breaks down blogs into several categories ranging from "Activism" to "Work + Career."  Once I found this site - I was addicted.  Totally.  I am so impressed with the amount of creativity and personality that people pour into their blogs.  It is inspiring, to say the least.  
To become a member of the site, you fill out a brief questionnaire about your blog and answer some basic questions about yourself. Your blog must be more than 3 months old and have regular posts and updates. There is a one-time fee of $13 to be included in the site (if you want a "featured" ad for your blog, then the fee is $35). Your blog is then reviewed and if it meets the requirements, a link to your page is added on the site.  Easy, right?
So, if you haven't checked out Delightful Blogs yet, you should.  I bet you'll love it.  :)

2 comments:

~B said...

How is it that I don't have a remote clue about this?

I wish I had internet in the car. We are going to San Antonio tomorrow and it would be a lovely way to spend the 3 1/2 hours.

Alas, I don't. So, I went to Hastings and bought a trashy novel instead. I'm sure the mister would love it if I read some raunchy stuff. You know, since we women are slow cookers and not microwaves.

Did I really just share all of that?

Melanie said...

Ohhh... trashy novel - I loves me some trashy romance!
Have fun this weekend. Just so you know, I am totally jealous of your adult weekend away from the kids. I should really plan one of those for us. REALLY!! ;)