Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Fairy, a Princess, a Pumpkin & a Rhino...

I cannot believe Halloween is already over.  This year has just flown by and in nine days my baby turns four years old.  wow...
Halloween at the Scarpace house was a BLAST!  We had our good friends over and I made some "spooky treats" and then we all went and terrorized the neighborhood.  The folks in our subdivision are friendly people and they really go all out for the kiddos that live here.  There was one house this year that absolutely ROCKED!  The woman that lived there said she has always loved Halloween and she decided to have some fun this year and get a giant inflatable haunted house.  The kids had to walk through it to get to the door for candy.  She even had her black lab dressed as a pumpkin.  It was way cute.  I instantly bonded with her.
Ben was a rhino this year.  I know - random.  Believe it or not, he was the ONLY rhino in the neighborhood.  wink. wink.  He took forever to decide on what he wanted to be - he was originally going to be a red-eyed tree frog.  But he decided he didn't like the feet in the costume. He's picky and a bit neurotic, have I mentioned that before?  I made Jason and myself a t-shirt that had "College Station Zoo, Rhino Keeper" on the front, and I found Ben a silver "feed" pail for his treat bag.  Yeah, we were all in on the fun. 
Halloween is my favorite holiday, hands down.  It always has been. And now that we have Ben, it is even more fun - as if that were even possible.  I watch him get excited about dressing up and trick-or-treating, and I remember how that felt when I was little.  My Mom was the Queen of Halloween.  I'm serious. The woman could haunt a house like no one else and my costumes were always 'da bomb.  Of course she made all my awesome costumes - I have to buy Ben's. I just wasn't blessed with my Mom's sewing genes.
Ben has already decided that next year he wants to be a cat.  
"Oh, a scary black cat?" I asked him.
"No, Mama!  A house cat.  Like George.  I want to be George for Halloween next year!"  
I'm hoping he changes his mind before then...


No comments: