Monday, June 15, 2009

:: Okay, What's Going On Around Here?! ::

Weird things have been going on around here today.
Cue creepy Twilight Zone music...
It started off with all three of us getting up at a relatively decent hour this morning. I had cleaned the house and had a shower before 10:15 a.m. Odd.
Then I walked into the living room and found this...

Chloe and George. Sworn enemies for over eight years. There they were. Together. Peacefully sharing the best seat in the house. Creepy. Seriously creepy.
Ben and I decided to run to JoAnn's to get some fun crafty supplies. (Side note... I have really been getting my crafty vibe on lately. But more about that later this week.) I went to check out with my 40%-off coupon in hand, and the super sweet JoAnn's employee ringing up my goodies told me to hold on to my coupon, that she had a 50%-off coupon she would let me use. Awesome! I spent less than $18 at JoAnn's. That's like... well, unheard of really. I was so happy!
The absolute oddest thing that happened today took place about 6:45 this evening. Now, for those of you who don't know, my family is addicted to take-out and fast food. And I'm not exaggerating at all when I say we eat out at least once a day. We do. It's sad. I'm not proud. But tonight I decided to MAKE DINNER. A homemade meal. I actually cooked a homemade meal for my family. And it was damn good. I give you Exhibit A:

Fusilli with Sausage, Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

I saw Giada make this the other day, and I thought it looked pretty tasty. I bookmarked the recipe in hopes that one day I would actually cook again. So, I printed out the recipe and got to work. I threw some nice crusty bread in the oven and voila! Dinner! Here is the recipe, in case you are interested.
What a strange day. Good strange... but still strange. I hope tomorrow is just as odd. Odd is kinda fun.

No comments: