Friday, June 26, 2009

:: 'We're Havin' a Heat Wave... a Tropical Heat Wave...' ::

For some reason, I keep seeing Carmine from 'Laverne and Shirley' dressed in a devil costume singing this song every time I check the weather...

If you're looking for a relief from the heat, you're not going to find it today! Look for the very dangerous heat to be with us once again. Look for highs between 104 and 106 and heat index values as high as 110 degrees!


There are several posts I intended to work on these past few days, but this heat has become my main focus... it is WAY HOT here in Texas! We have the pleasure of living near the Gulf, which means not only do we get the heat, we get the added benefit of high humidity levels to make everything outside completely sticky and absolutely unbearable. We spent the last week with my parents in Dallas, and while it was pretty hot there, it was tolerable and no where near as oppressive as it is here in College Station. I normally open every blind in the house and pull back all the curtains to let the sunshine in... but since our air conditioner has not turned off since we got back in to town, I am keeping the blinds closed and the curtains pulled. We are eating sandwiches and cereal, because there is no way I am turning on the oven in this heat.

Last night on the 6 o'clock news broadcast, the local weatherman literally tried to fry an egg on the sidewalk. Seriously. It didn't work. But then again, he cracked the egg on a section of sidewalk that was under shade at the time. Maybe I'll try to fry an egg on our patio today. Hey, yeah, I will... check back for the video!!

Bleh... I feel like I'm melting...

No comments: