Thursday, May 8, 2008

FINALLY!


Well, I finally did it... I started my own blog. To be honest, I have wanted my own site for a while now, I even went so far as to register two different domain names in the past two years. The problem was that I never really had the time or the desire to sit down and create a whole website - and I really didn't know what kind of a website I would have anyway. I enjoy crafts, just not enough to devote an entire website to them.... I enjoy cooking, but I have like five or six recipes, which obviously wouldn't fill up much space on the Internet. I have a wonderful family, but let's face it, they don't really want me plastering their photos all over a website for the whole world to see. I suppose I could have put all of my favorite things on a website with different links and updates and all the hoopla that goes along with having your own site...but that brings me back to the fact that I just don't have the time to do all of that. (It's taken me about an hour to just create a logo for this blog, and I am still not happy with it.) So after much thought and research, I concluded that all I really need is a nice, easy and free weblog. Yes, a "blog." Welcome to the Internet, Melanie. :)

No comments: