Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fun with PlayDoh, Part I

Throughout history, few toys have stood the test of time like good ‘ole PlayDoh. There’s the Slinky, Barbie, the Rubik’s Cube, sidewalk chalk, Silly Putty and Lincoln Logs. And as I found out last night, just like Slinky, PlayDoh really is fun for both a girl and a boy.
My son, Ben, had been begging for PlayDoh ever since he saw a commercial for it on Nickelodeon. I really had my reservations, given the hazards it posed to my carpets and kitchen table. Then one day we were in Toys R Us, and I noticed they had a PlayDoh Kitchen, and since I am a sucker for play food and Ben loves to pretend to make me dinner, I caved and bought it for him.
Okay, if you haven’t experienced PlayDoh in a while, well, do yourself a favor and pick up a tub or two. It is a blast! I don’t know if it was the fact that it was food or what, but I could have played with the stuff for hours. I have always had a weird fascination with fake food… when I was a kid, I loved to go to Sears and look at all the plastic food in the refrigerators and ovens. Ben has a toy kitchen with a community food pantry’s worth of fake food to go with it, and I love to pretend to cook with him. So, the PlayDoh Kitchen was right up our alley.
On the menu last night were……

Grilled Steak with Green Beans and Tomato Slices










Ham Steak with Broccoli and a Crescent Dinner Roll













Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes with a Pat of Butter











I am officially a fan of PlayDoh. And my carpets and kitchen table are perfectly fine.

No comments: