Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Card Photo Shoot

It's that time of year again!  Time for holiday photos! ugh.....
There is always drama in our home when it comes time for holiday photos. Yep, holiday photo shoots would not be the same without all the fussing, screaming and crying. I still don't understand what's so difficult about "just sit down, look at the camera and smile..."  I always manage to get at least one good picture - but it comes with a price, trust me.
I was determined to get my holiday cards out on time this year.  But in keeping with  my usual poor time management skills, I waited until the last minute.  I was actually putting off taking the photos out of sheer dread.  So, I procrastinated.  Which meant I had to pay extra for prompt processing and faster delivery.  
Now, I realize that I could take Ben to a professional photographer and pay for a sitting and order prints, but I am more of a naturalist when it comes to family photos.  I don't really like the "studio" look of photos taken by professionals.  It just doesn't seem natural to me.  I prefer more candid shots.  They just seem more real.
So, the day came, I took a deep breath, said a quick prayer and sat Ben down in front of our Christmas Tree.  I put a Santa hat on his head and started taking pictures.  And you know what? Aside from some minor distractions and goofy faces... it went really well.  I guess my little boy, who is now a big 4 year old, is starting to get the hang of having his picture taken.  I was so proud of him. And the best news of all? The cards I ordered arrived today, ahead of delivery schedule.  Which means I will actually get my holiday cards out on time this year.  
It's a Christmas miracle!!!

Holiday Photo Shoot

No comments: